Thursday 24 November 2016

Review: Yes Please

Yes PleaseYes Please by Amy Poehler
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

If I could I would give this book 10 stars. I seriously, truly, madly, deeply, loved reading every bit of it. I am already a huge fan of Amy's, so call me biased, but I still think anyone who has a smidgen of a sense of humour will enjoy this book. She surprised me with her writing and story-telling ability, not that I don't think she can tell a good story,(because she seriously can, she was born to tell stories) but that it really felt as though she poured her heart and soul into the pages of it...she is truthful, open, unashamed, and completely real. She made me laugh out loud countless times, but she also brought tears to my eyes and warmed my heart during the more serious and difficult-to-write-about topics (because there are some serious topics in there! It's not all fun and games folks!).

If it were at all possible (and it is) I actually love her more as an artist and a human being after reading her book. When it says on the back of her book that "in a perfect world we'd get to hang out with Amy Poehler," I wholeheartedly agree...we could be best friends...for real...just saying. Okay I will stop. Just go read it. NOW.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment