Thursday 17 August 2017

Review: The Flower Recipe Book

The Flower Recipe Book The Flower Recipe Book by Alethea Harampolis
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

"A patch of unruly honeysuckle makes our hearts skip a beat. The gnarled and thorny stems of garden roses call to us despite the guaranteed hand scratches. We also have great respect for the clean lines of calla lilies and the simplicity of a single blooming succulent."

I am definitely only a flower enthusiast, not a florist or grower of flowers (yet, I do plan to have my own garden one day!), but I just couldn't help myself with this beautifully photographed 'how-to' floral arrangement book. As is suggested in the title, each floral arrangement is broken down into 'recipes,' complete with a list of 'ingredients' and 'materials' needed to recreate the design. There is of course room for interpretation, which actually seems quite necessary because a lot of the designs would be hard to recreate due to a lack of similar varieties of flowers in my neck of the woods. Regardless, it's a great visual guide and as I'm rather flower-obsessed (one of my passions outside of the world of books are plants and flowers), I'm happy to own this one in order to garner inspiration for my own humble creations.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment